I am new to gravity and I’m trying to understand where the master container runs.
My understanding is:
- the k8s components run inside the master container
- the master container runs in a docker container and starts when we start the gravity service on the node
What I don’t know is:
- how come when I run gravity shell on any of the nodes, I can logon to the gravity master container (i.e. planet)?
- does the master container (planet) run on 1 node only? and when I run gravity shell from other nodes, it connects me to the master container on the master node?
- or does every node run its own master container? and so when I run gravity shell, i’m connecting to the planet container running on the local node?
I also believe the Ops Center runs inside a k8s pod, and is different from the master container. Previously I thought these 2 were the same thing. Also the Ops Center pod appears to be a daemonset, but I think it only runs on the master node only? Due to nodeSelector?
If someone can explain to me the master container (planet) and Ops Center pods that would be great!
Also trying to understand how the logs from the different nodes and pods are forwarded to Ops Center, but that’s another topic.